Broadway Night Contract
Congratulations, you have been selected to perform in Broadway Night 2018-2019!
This contract lays out what you can expect from SLHS Broadway Night leaders and what SLHS expects from you. Both student participants and their parents must read and sign it as part of the participation expectations.
SLHS Broadway Night Leadership will:
- Provide rehearsal time & space; professional voice, dance & acting coaches; music; technical equipment; set pieces and some props to attain a quality experience & execute a great performance
- Recommend makeup and costumes
- Provide meals for both Saturday rehearsals and three nights during tech week
- Provide a chaperoned quiet room for homework and reading during each rehearsal
- Provide chaperones for all backstage areas during performances and all rehearsals
- Provide a T-shirt that will be used in the final number and is yours to keep
Student participants are expected to:
- Comply with attendance guidelines as found on www.southlakeschorus.org
- Prepare for your number(s) by rehearsing at both formal rehearsals and at home. Learn your lyrics and music by January 2 so that you will remain eligible for the show.
- Provide own makeup, costume and props as recommended by the directors
- Pay the $55 participation fee (this is an extra -curricular event that is not part of the Parents for Choral Arts Booster or SLHS Chorus budget). Fee covers t-shirt, supplies, 5 meals. Pay online on the next page or make check out to “PCA (Parents for Choral Arts)”.
- Respect your fellow performers, directors, professional staff and parent volunteers
- Promote the show by advertising to friends and family
*Please note that the Parents for Choral Arts Booster Organization and the SLHS Chorus believe that no student should be denied participation due to financial concern or distress. If you receive free/reduced lunch or have financial concerns, please contact email@example.com and indicate on the next page that you would like to apply for financial aid.. All matters will be kept confidential and support can be provided.
Parents are expected to:
- Support your student by covering/assisting with the $55 fee promptly. Fee covers t-shirt, supplies, 5 meals during tech week and on Saturday rehearsals.
- Provide donations of snacks and drinks, if requested, to keep costs low
- Acknowledge that this is an extra-curricular event for your child and it is dependent upon volunteers to run successfully. Agree to volunteer for at least one full show and as needed
- Support the directors and other professionals by ensuring your student commits to the rehearsal and performance hours.