Broadway Night 2020
Songs of Disney
Friday, Jan 31 at 7 PM and Saturday, Feb 1 at 2 PM and 7 PM
South Lakes High School Chorus and Parents for the Choral Arts (PCA) are excited to announce the 2019-20 edition of Broadway Night. This year's theme will feature songs from some of our favorite Disney movies and musicals.
Broadway Night is a musical theatre intensive designed to give our chorus and performing arts students an opportunity to perform in a Broadway themed musical revue. The experience includes working with professional choreographers, directors, production and musicians.
For 2020 we are excited to welcome performers from our South Lakes HS pyramid schools. (Info coming soon)
Auditions will be in September and rehearsals will begin in November. Performances will be Jan 31 and and 1.
More information to come soon. But bookmark this page, it will serve as our "central hub" for Broadway Night and will be updated frequently.
Get started preparing for auditions and check out the audition tracks. Start practicing soon.
Dates & High Level Schedule
Broadway Night Fees
Broadway Night is a one of our biggest events and student participation fees help cover costs including:
- Music and performance rights
- Professional musicians for our combo accompanying the performers
- Professional directors who receive a small stipend for their time
- Staging and set decorations
- Production and tech crews including sound and lighting design
- Marketing and promotion
- Meals during tech week rehearsals
- T-Shirts for all cast members
Fees for Broadway Night 2019-20 will be $75. Fees may be paid online via the registration form or check (see registration form for details). Financial assistance is available and may be requested via the registration form.
Broadway Night needs your support to be a success. We ask each parent to:
- Provide donations of snacks and drinks for rehearsals and performances
- Volunteer for at least one full show and as needed
- Support the directors and other professionals by ensuring your student commits to the rehearsal and performance hours
SignUp Genius links will be sent out for you to volunteer for the above. If you are able to help beyond this, please email email@example.com to volunteer.
Broadway Night Registration
Sign the participation contract, complete your Broadway Night Registration and pay your fees online or by check.
Broadway Night Resources
Get your student ready for Broadway Night with our performer resources. Click on the links below to find all the information you will need for Broadway Night:
Show your support for Broadway Night and your performer by advertising in our program.
Businesses and Sponsors: Purchase a display ad in the program.
Parents and Family: Purchase a 1/4 page Shout Out or One Liner