Broadway Night 2018-19
Friday, Feb 1 at 7 PM and Saturday, Feb 2 at 2 PM and 7 PM
South Lakes High School Chorus and Parents for the Choral Arts (PCA) are excited to announce the 2018-19 edition of Broadway Night. This year's theme will feature songs from some of Broadway's favorite shows and is based on a Broadway Revival theme.
Broadway Night is a musical theatre intensive designed to give our chorus and performing arts students an opportunity to perform in a Broadway themed musical revue. The experience includes working with professional choreographers, directors, production and musicians.
For 2019 We are excited to welcome back performers from our South Lakes HS pyramid schools.
Rehearsals will begin in December and performances will be February 1 and 2.
See below for links to registration forms, resources, and more. This page will serve as our "central hub" for Broadway Night and will be updated frequently.
Dates & High Level Schedule
- Pyramid School Interest Meeting - Wednesday, 11/28 from 7 to 8 PM - Students will receive information from their pyramid teachers.
- SLHS Parent/Student Casting and Kickoff Meeting - Thursday, 11/29 @ SLHS from 7-8pm
- December rehearsals - There will be several weekday afternoon and/or evening rehearsals in December before the holiday break. These will be scheduled based on the doodle poll, creative team and space availability
- Winter break - NO rehearsals
- January weekday rehearsals will begin right after winter break. Cast members should expect to attend weekday rehearsals two times a week during afternoon and / or evening time blocks. The schedule will be based on casting and doodle poll availability. Currently there are no Friday rehearsals planned.
- Saturday rehearsals - Everyone will be expected to attend rehearsals every Saturday in January in morning or afternoon time blocks.
- Tech week - Monday through Thursday 1/28-1/31 Everyone is expected to make rehearsals every evening through 9pm
- Performances at South Lakes High School are Friday February 1st @ 7pm (call time 5pm) and Saturday February 2nd @ 2pm and 7pm (call time 12pm) Performers are expected to stay through the end of the second show.
Broadway Night Fees
Broadway Night is a one of our biggest events and student participation fees help cover costs including:
- Music and performance rights
- Professional musicians for our combo accompanying the performers
- Professional directors who receive a small stipend for their time
- Staging and set decorations
- Production and tech crews including sound and lighting design
- Marketing and promotion
- Meals during tech week rehearsals
- T-Shirts for all cast members
Fees for Broadway Night 2018-19 will be $55. Fees may be paid online via the registration form or check (see registration form for details). Financial assistance is available and may be requested via the registration form.
Broadway Night needs your support to be a success. We ask each parent to:
- Provide donations of snacks and drinks for rehearsals and performances
- Volunteer for at least one full show and as needed
- Support the directors and other professionals by ensuring your student commits to the rehearsal and performance hours
SignUp Genius links will be sent out for you to volunteer for the above. If you are able to help beyond this, please email email@example.com to volunteer.
Broadway Night Registration
Sign the participation contract, complete your Broadway Night Registration and pay your fees online or by check.
Broadway Night Resources
Get your student ready for Broadway Night with our performer resources. Click on the links below to find all the information you will need for Broadway Night:
- Audition Tips
- Rehearsal Tracks
- Rehearsal Schedule (coming soon)
- Costume Information (coming soon)