First Family Game Night was a Success!
A Special Thanks to all who participated in our first Trivia night! And Congratulations to the Mehlenbeck family who placed first and won a $25 gift card to Starbucks.
The next Family Game Night will be on Friday, 10/16 via Zoom.
Forms & Fees
All Chorus Families: We need you to take a moment to complete these forms:
- Digital Consent (so your child can use the technology resources we have for instruction): Parental Consent Form
- Consent to Share/Free-Reduced Lunch Application:
- Opt out form (this will be important to our virtual performances since they will be shared on the web.)
- Emergency Care Form: PDF Fillable Form
- For all SLHS forms and further details: https://southlakeshs.fcps.edu/opening-packet
Parents: Please Join “Remind”
Remind is a Free text-based service that provides reminders to upcoming assignments and events.
To subscribe, text @weluvmuzik to the number 81010 as shown below:
1st Virtual Broadway Night Kick-Off
It is time to kick-off the 16th annual Broadway Night! Join us as we make history together for the 1st Virtual Broadway Night! This year’s theme is Screen and Stage and plans to have a very Hollywood-esque feel to it!
- The timeline and details about auditions are all outlined on our website (Save this link!) Broadway Night Info Link
- All auditions must be uploaded by no later than Friday, 10/9.
- Download Broadway Night Audition Instructions
Please be sure to review thoroughly the email you received this past Saturday from our Virtual Broadway Night Parent Co-Chairs: Juliana Carter and Amy Guerber!
PCA Membership & Fundraising Campaign 2020-2021
Please consider investing in the unique and valuable programs and opportunities the SLHS Chorus could offer to your students, who would reap the benefits for years to come!
PCA Membership: For parents and guardians of current Chorus students
Join PCA today if you have not yet done so!
Friends & Family Membership: Students will send out letters to their friends and families, asking for their support for the SLHS Choral program and share the link:
Corporate Sponsorship: Contact Eric Johnson at Membership@SouthLakesChorus.org, if you know of any businesses that may be interested in being a PCA corporate sponsorship:
- local restaurants, retailers, or service providers
- Your employer
- Your own business
More Ways to Support the Choral Program
- Lead this year’s Friends & Family letter writing campaign (Oct/Nov)
- Volunteer to assist with monitoring and managing collections & reports
- Sell Corporate Sponsorships: Work with the team lead by Eric Johnson to help reach out to businesses for Corporate Sponsorship sales
- Become our Social Media Chair to continue spreading the amazing music & keep our community updated
Also, monthly meetings of the PCA are open to any Choral parents or guardians, and they meet the second Thursday of every month at 7:00pm via Zoom. Please contact Susan Sather at President@SouthLakesChorus.org for the meeting link.
Recording & Slide Show of Back to Chorus Night
2 Virtual Choir Performances by Teachers for our Students
- It Takes A Village: by all Secondary Chorus teacher (Middle School and High School) from FCPS – for all of our choir communities
- Ain’t No Wifi Strong Enough: from some of our Seahawk teachers for our SLHS students and
- the lyrics by Eva Forman, our Theatre teacher
- the A/V by Harrison de Wolfe, an alumna and our sound engineer
- directed & produced by Mrs. Gigliotti
Virtual HS Bell Schedule
|Morning||* Intervention/Enrichment: Select students scheduled for synchronous instruction based on need
* Independent Work: Tasks assigned by classroom teachers
|Afternoon||* Student Independent Work
* Teacher planning and professional development
|TIME||Tuesdays & Thursdays||Wednesdays & Fridays|
|8:10-9:30||Period 1 (Bella Voce)||Period 2 (Select Treble)|
|9:45-11:05||Period 3 (Seahawk Chorale)||Period 4|
|12:00-1:20||Period 5||Period 6|
|1:35-2:55||Period 7 (Chamber Singers)||Period 8 (Seahawk Camerata)|
D.C. al Fine Choral Conducting Workshops
D.C. al Fine is offering conducting workshops for different experience levels ONLINE this year.
Workshops include master classes with conductors you will love to work with, including:
- Edith Copley
- Hilary Apfelstadt
- John Irving
- McKenna Senson
- Bill Podolski
- And more TBA
For more information, please visit: https://www.dcalfine.com/details-and-tuition.html
|Tue, 10/20||BWN Leadership Application Forms Due|
|Thurs, 10/22||FCPS Virtual Choir Interest Forms (Part 1 & 2) Due:
• Part 1: https://forms.gle/BgpKWoGE9s3Cedud6
• Part 2: https://southlakeschorus.org/other-opportunities/activity-registration/
|Sat, 10/31||BWN Registration Due|
|7:30 pm (Zoom)||Family Fun/Game Night (via Zoom)
Registration Info: see Virtual Trivia Nights link above
|Wed, 12/16||7:00 pm||First Virtual Concert|
SLHS Chorus Department
Choral Director: Rita Gigliotti, RAGigliotti@fcps.edu
Parents for Choral Arts (PCA)
Parents for Choral Arts is a 501(C)(3) non-profit booster organization supporting the South Lakes High School Choral Department. Federal Tax ID: 26-3487105
- PCA Online Membership Form: https://southlakeschorus.org/joinpca
- Friends and Family Online Membership Form: https://southlakeschorus.org/friends
2020-2021 PCA Board Members
|Vice President||Eric Johnsonfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Treasurer||Ray van Hilstemail@example.com
|Member at Large||Amy Guerberfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Member at Large||Stephanie Handoemail@example.com|
|Webmaster||Ray van Hilstfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Broadway Night||Juliana Carteremail@example.com|
|Broadway Night||Amy Guerberfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Admin Assistant||Mitsuyo Spragueemail@example.com