2019 Winter Chorus Trip to Disney
Wednesday, 12/4 – Saturday, 12/7, 2019
We are excited for this amazing opportunity to go to Disney World and sing in the Candlelight Processional at Epcot!
Additionally, students will have other performance/workshop opportunities! Please watch the video message from Mrs. Gigliotti:
This trip is OPTIONAL. While the $1050 total price for students on the contract is the maximum price, we do not expect the final price would exceed this amount. Here is Tentative Tour Itinerary for your information.
If you are interested in joining this trip as a student or a chaperone, you must return a signed contract/application AND submit payment #1 NO LATER THAN Thursday, 9/5, 2019. (We require this quick turnaround because the airlines will only hold our rates for a week.)
URGENT: Please download the forms below, print, complete, sign and turn in:
We encourage students and their parents to actively raise money for the trip and reduce their payment amounts: How to Fundraise with Scrip
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com.
Chorus Uniform: Fees, Fitting Sessions & Volunteer Needs
ALL MALE STUDENTS (NEW & RETURNING)
All Male Students will wear White Dress Shirt, Vest, Tuxedo Pants and Tie, instead of a full Tuxedo. And, All Tuxedo Components will be ordered through Metropolitan Formalwear.
Also, we are pleased to let you know that the PCA will provide ties for ALL Male students.)
TUXEDO/TUX COMPONENTS FEES
- All New Students: One-time payment of $91.16 is for a required full-uniform.
- All Returning Students: One-time payment of $19.08 is for a required dress shirt (new shirts are required due to the style change.)
- Returning students may order any of the Tux Components listed below if needed.Please see the pricing of each component below.
- Metropolitan accepts checks, cash or credit card.
- Cash or Checks: Parents should send in the full payment with your student on the day of fittings (see the Fitting schedule below.)
- Credit Card: Parents may call Mr. Ishu of Metropolitan Formalwear at 202.390.6633 with credit card number.
Uniform Item Price Tax Total New Students Returning Students
Total for Complete Uniform $91.16 White Dress Shirt $18 $1.08 $19.08 Required Required Pants (unhemmed) $33 $1.98 $34.98 Required Optional Pants Henning $10 $.60 $10.60 Required Optional Black Vest $25 $1.50 $26.50 Required Optional
TUXEDO FITTINGS FOR ALL MALE STUDENTS
- These sessions will be conducted in the Boys Dressing Room during Chorus.
- All returning students will need to get fitted for a dress shirt.
New Students: A Metropolitan Formalwear representative, Mr. Ishu, will come to school to conduct fittings during the following times
- Wednesday, 9/4: 1:20 – 2:55 pm (8th Period) – Boys Dressing Room
- Friday, 9/6: 1:20-2:55pm (8th Period) – BoysDressing
Returning students: Their fittings will be conducted in the Boys Dressing Room as follows:
- During the 7th Period Chorus on Thurs, 9/5 and Mon, 9/9 by Parent Volunteers
- During the 8th Period Chorus on Wed, 9/4 and Fri, 9/6 by Metropolitan Formalwear
Parents: Please send in the full payment with your student on the day of fittings.
URGENT NEED: MORE PARENT VOLUNTEERS
- The first session is TOMORROW for 8th Period (Camerata,) but no parent has signed up to volunteer.
- Moreover, no volunteers for 9/5 (7th period) or 9/9 (7th period) either.
- We need 1-2 parents to assist Mr. Ishu with the fitting session (noise/behavior control and logistics, for example.)
- So, please step up and help! Please sign up here
ALL NEW FEMALE STUDENTS
All Female Students will wear Gowns, and we will order all gowns through South Lakes High School.
- Students must arrange/pay for alterations themselves.
- A list of approved Alterations Services & Specific Instructions will be provided with the gowns.
- The cost of alterations is around $25 -$35.
GOWN FITTINGS FOR ALL NEW STUDENTS
- We will have 2 more Fitting Sessions in Girls’ Dressing Room during Chorus (see below)
- We cannot order your gowns unless you get fitted.
- Thursday, 9/5 from 8:10 to 9:36 am (1st Period)
- Monday, 9/9 from 8:10 to 9:36 am (1st Period)
- All New Students: One-time payment of $75 to be made online through MySchoolBucks
- The fee is for gown, garment bag, knee highs, and pearls (to be kept at school.)
If you think you need a new gown, please talk to Mrs. G. and/or email Mitsuyo Sprague at firstname.lastname@example.org ASAP, and we will see when we could meet (it would be helpful to meet with students who need help together.) There are 2 options for you:
- We do have a few gowns in limited sizes in our inventory.
- You may bring in your old gown, recently dry cleaned and with plastic still on it, to see if we could provide an EXCHANGE.
- Exchanges will be provided on a first-come, first-served basis.
- In addition, you will need to arrange/pay for ALTERATIONS yourself if such service is necessary.
If an exchange cannot be made, you will need to ORDER A NEW GOWN (see the section for new students above.)
FCPS forms, Chorus forms and Fees
They will be ready online soon, hopefully by the end of today! We will let you know as soon as they are live. IMPORTANT: All forms and fees will be due Wednesday, 9/18.
However, please be informed/be aware now: the uniform fees are in addition to the Chorus Course Materials fees.
Any student who receives free/reduced lunch who has done the consent to share form will have their uniform fee waived and paid for by the county: Consent-to-Share-Info
If you have any questions and/or concerns about these fees, please contact our Choral Director ASAP: Rita Gigliotti at email@example.com
Broadway Night 2020 Auditions: September 24, 25, 26
Audition Tracks are available now:
ACDA 2020 Southern Region Honor Choir
ACDA Regional Honors Choir Audition Info can be found on our website. Read and follow the instructions carefully.
Senior Honors Choir Auditions
Attention Seniors! You can do it! Here is Senior Honors Choir Audition Info
Dr. Tim Lautzenheiser Student Leadership Workshop
Ready for a challenge? Come to the Workshop & learn from Dr. Tim Lautzenheiser!
The gospel choir at United Christian Parish of Reston
Their information can be found here.