Forms & Fees
All Chorus Families: We need you to take a moment to complete these forms:
- Digital Consent (so your child can use the technology resources we have for instruction): Parental Consent Form (Submit online)
- Emergency Care Form: Complete/Print/Sign and (1) Send 1 copy to the School AND (2) Scan and Email it to email@example.com.
- Consent to Share/Free-Reduced Lunch Application: If applicable, Complete/Print/Sign and Send it to the School
- Opt out form (this will be important to our virtual performances since they will be shared on the web): Complete/Print/Sign and Send it to the School
- For all SLHS forms and further details: https://southlakeshs.fcps.edu/opening-packet
1st Virtual Broadway Night: Audition Recordings DUE This Friday
This year’s theme is Screen and Stage and plans to have a very Hollywood-esque feel to it! Virtual Show Dates are scheduled for February 27-28, 2021.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW NOW
- Be sure to review the critical information included in the first email our Virtual Broadway Night Co-Chairs: Juliana Carter and Amy Guerber sent out to you on 9/26.
- Also, the timeline and details about auditions are all outlined on our website: Broadway Night Info Link (Save this link!)
- All self-recorded audition videos must be uploaded by NO LATER than THIS Friday, 10/9 (for High School students)
- Do Not Wait! Do It NOW! (Follow the Broadway Night Audition Instructions attached to this email)
Senior Honors Choir
Review Senior Honors Choir information in the News & Notations section of our website for details, including audition information.
Be a Part of the First EVER FCPS Virtual Choir!
It will include students from every MS and HS in FCPS and is going to be an amazing project to be a part of!
All students in the SLHS choral department are welcome to this opportunity an encouraged to participate. While there is no limit on the number of students who participate per school, we must have at least 1 representative from each school. And we are hoping for many more representatives from the SLHS Chorus!
Cost for each student is $18; however, scholarships are available for any student in need. Please just let Mrs. Gigliotti know, and she will take care of you.
Mrs. Gigliotti will need to register students by Friday, 10/23. So, please let her know in time if you would like to be included in this history making moment.
PCA Membership & Fundraising Campaign 2020-2021
Please consider investing in the unique and valuable programs and opportunities the SLHS Chorus could offer to your students, who would reap the benefits for years to come!
PCA Membership: For parents and guardians of current Chorus students
Join PCA today if you have not yet done so!
Friends & Family Membership: Students will send out letters to their friends and families, asking for their support for the SLHS Choral program and share the link:
Corporate Sponsorship: Contact Eric Johnson at Membership@SouthLakesChorus.org, if you know of any businesses that may be interested in being a PCA corporate sponsorship:
- local restaurants, retailers, or service providers
- Your employer
- Your own business
More Ways to Support the Choral Program
- Lead this year’s Friends & Family letter writing campaign (Oct/Nov)
- Volunteer to assist with monitoring and managing collections & reports
- Sell Corporate Sponsorships: Work with the team lead by Eric Johnson to help reach out to businesses for Corporate Sponsorship sales
- Become our Social Media Chair to continue spreading the amazing music & keep our community updated
Also, monthly meetings of the PCA are open to any Choral parents or guardians, and they meet the second Thursday of every month at 7:00pm via Zoom. Please contact Susan Sather at President@SouthLakesChorus.org for the meeting link.
Parents: Please Join “Remind”
Remind is a Free text-based service that provides reminders to upcoming assignments and events.
To subscribe, text @weluvmuzik to the number 81010 as shown below:
Recording & Slide Show of Back to Chorus Night
2 Virtual Choir Performances by Teachers for our Students
- It Takes A Village: by all Secondary Chorus teacher (Middle School and High School) from FCPS – for all of our choir communities
- Ain’t No Wifi Strong Enough: from some of our Seahawk teachers for our SLHS students and
- the lyrics by Eva Forman, our Theatre teacher
- the A/V by Harrison de Wolfe, an alumna and our sound engineer
- directed & produced by Mrs. Gigliotti
Virtual HS Bell Schedule
|Morning||* Intervention/Enrichment: Select students scheduled for synchronous instruction based on need
* Independent Work: Tasks assigned by classroom teachers
|Afternoon||* Student Independent Work
* Teacher planning and professional development
|TIME||Tuesdays & Thursdays||Wednesdays & Fridays|
|8:10-9:30||Period 1 (Bella Voce)||Period 2 (Select Treble)|
|9:45-11:05||Period 3 (Seahawk Chorale)||Period 4|
|12:00-1:20||Period 5||Period 6|
|1:35-2:55||Period 7 (Chamber Singers)||Period 8 (Seahawk Camerata)|
D.C. al Fine Choral Conducting Workshops
D.C. al Fine is doing things differently this year! They are offering conducting workshops for different experience levels ONLINE.
Workshops include master classes with conductors you will love to work with, including:
- Edith Copley
- Hilary Apfelstadt
- John Irving
- McKenna Senson
- Bill Podolski
- And more TBA
For more information, please visit: https://www.dcalfine.com/details-and-tuition.html
|Tue, 10/20||BWN Leadership Application Forms Due|
|Thurs, 10/22||FCPS Virtual Choir Interest Forms (Part 1 & 2) Due:
• Part 1: https://forms.gle/BgpKWoGE9s3Cedud6
• Part 2: https://southlakeschorus.org/other-opportunities/activity-registration/
|Sat, 10/31||BWN Registration Due|
|7:30 pm (Zoom)||Family Fun/Game Night (via Zoom)
Registration Info: see Virtual Trivia Nights link above
|Wed, 12/16||7:00 pm||First Virtual Concert|
SLHS Chorus Department
Choral Director: Rita Gigliotti, RAGigliotti@fcps.edu
Parents for Choral Arts (PCA)
Parents for Choral Arts is a 501(C)(3) non-profit booster organization supporting the South Lakes High School Choral Department. Federal Tax ID: 26-3487105
- PCA Online Membership Form: https://southlakeschorus.org/joinpca
- Friends and Family Online Membership Form: https://southlakeschorus.org/friends
2020-2021 PCA Board Members
|Vice President||Eric Johnsonfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Treasurer||Ray van Hilstemail@example.com
|Member at Large||Amy Guerberfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Member at Large||Stephanie Handoemail@example.com|
|Webmaster||Ray van Hilstfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Broadway Night||Juliana Carteremail@example.com|
|Broadway Night||Amy Guerberfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Admin Assistant||Mitsuyo Spragueemail@example.com