Congratulations to all of you on a great concert last week!
Bravissimo to SLHS Choirs & LHMS Advanced Choirs on beautiful performances at the Fall Concert!
- The concert audio recordings, by Arts Laureate, are now available for download: Sheltered in Love – Audio Download
- Check out the performance videos here: Fall Concert – October 2018: Sheltered in Love
Many Thanks to all who supported the concert & Shelter House!
The Shelter House’s mission is to prevent and end homelessness & domestic violence by:
- Engaging the community,
- Building effective relationships, and
- Providing crisis intervention, safe housing & supportive services
They are currently participating in the Allstate Foundation Purple Purse Challenge, which is a public awareness and fundraising campaign aimed at (1) raising awareness of the prevalence of domestic violence and financial abuse and (2) the need for resources to help survivors.
Non-profit organizations serving domestic violence survivors around the US compete to raise money to provide life-changing financial empowerment services to help domestic violence survivors build a safer life for themselves and their families.
Donations for the Challenge are still being accepted through their site: Purple Purse 2018 – Shelter House.
A special thanks to those students and parents, including those from LHMS, who volunteered to help make this concert a huge success!
We truly appreciate all your hard work and COULD NOT HAVE DONE IT WITHOUT YOU SUPPORT!
Scrip Fundraising for Spring Trip
Start fundraising with Scrip for the NY trip!
- Go to ShopWithScrip,
- Select Join a Program and
- Enter Enrollment Code: 626LL83617977
For detailed information about the ordering process for Scrip, go to Scrip Page
Musical Theatre Workshop – Tuesday, 10/23
For Chorale, Camerata and Bella Voce during classes with Actress, Suzy Johnson
- This opportunity is funded by the PCA.
- The students learn about Musical Theatre and audition process, performance strategies, and technique.
- It will also launch us into our upcoming Broadway Night season.
- If you have been working on a 24-bar audition piece, feel free to bring it tomorrow (Suzy can do a mini masterclass with us.)
Save the Date: Next Chorus Fundraiser – Monday, 11/19
It will be 5-8 pm on 11/19 at Nando’s in Reston (12120 Sunset Hills Road)
There will be live music again for anyone who wants to sign up and sing, and details will be available soon.
All required forms & fees – Due Immediately
It is required by FCPS that all of these forms come in immediately in od on the order for the student to participate in the choral program.
About 15 students are still missing all of the required forms even though we have sent multiple emails to their parents. PLEASE TURN THEM IN ASAP!
- If you need hard copy of the forms, please obtain them from Mrs. Gigliotti or Mrs. McCormick.
- Otherwise, you can find all forms on our website: Forms Page