Audition Results for ACDA Honors Choir & District Chorus
Congratulations to the following students that have been accepted into the ACDA Regional Honors Choirs! They will represent Langston Hughes Middle School & South Lakes High School in Alabama next March:
Senior Honor Choir
- Chelsea Camacho- Alto 1
- Arnav Batra- Bass 1 (Baritone)
Junior Honor Choir
- Alexa Norris- Soprano
- Leila Zavala- Alto
- Isaac Garcia- Tenor
Congratulations to these South Lakes students for being selected for one of the District XII Honor Choirs:
|Rita Ajit *||Arnav Batra *||Hannah Carter *|
|Ireland DiBacco||Danielle Elliott||Bryce Fudge *|
|Matthew Guerber *||Delia Hartman *||Lucas Heishman,|
|Graham Ishaq *||Danielle Kessler|| Reilley Lin,|
|Amy McGowan||Christian McIntyre||Katelyn Mehlenbeck|
|Audrey Moore||Grace Moore||Alexa Norris|
|Alana Riso *||Violet Sather, alternate||Manmeet Singh *|
|Aidan Smith *||Thalia Tran *||Ryan van Hilst|
|Danielle Yakubisin||Leila Zavala *|
* Students marked with an asterisk are eligible to audition for All-Virginia Chorus based on their rank in auditions.
Disney Trip Update
- The Final payment (#4) due 11/14: We have sent you an email notification of your final amount due. Please review it and pay the correct amount as directed by 11/14.
- Mandatory Meeting for All Parents & Students: This Thursday, 11/14, 8-8:45 PM. We need to get important trip forms to you.
- Check-in Medication & Forms: Plan ahead for Sunday, 12/1 (This is the Sunday after Thanksgiving!) to check in your medication and forms for the trip!
- Detailed Rehearsal Times and additional information can be found here:
- Student Contact Info, Food Allergies, & Roommate Request Form: If you haven’t completed, do it now: https://forms.gle/vuiZpXKPbeyuq7VD8
- Performance Attire requirements for the Disney Performances: Wear your performance attire for approval at next rehearsal this Thursday, 11/14 if you haven’t already.
- Chorus Polo Shirt – We will provide this
- Full Length Black Dress pants
- Boys should bring your SLHS Chorus Concert pants on the trip
- Girls need to provide their own full-length black dress pants. No leggings, athletic wear, or jeans. If you do not have black dress pants, here is an option from Target: Target Women’s Bootcut Pants
- Black Socks
- Closed toe solid black shoes (No sandals, no flip flops, no sneakers, no athletic shoes)
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Broadway Night 2020
Registration is open and due by November 15th. To register, click here.
If you have any questions or are looking to take on an active volunteer role this year, please contact email@example.com.
PCA Membership Campaign
Have you joined the PCA this year? If you haven’t, ACT NOW and Click Join PCA!
We only need 21 more members at the $30 level to hit our goal!
Membership/Fundraising Goal:Our overall goal for fundraising is $25,000 for the year. Here are three ways we can raise money!
- Parent/Guardian PCA Membership GOAL = $8,000 Join PCA
- Friends & Family (plus Alumni) Fundraising GOAL = $7,000 Friends & Family
- Corporate Sponsorships GOAL = $10,000 Corporate Sponsors
Friends and Family (F&F) Campaign Update: We kicked off our Friends and Family fundraiser during classes on Nov. 7 and 8.
We encourage our students to send mail to a minimum of three family members or friends.
- Hard copies of letters are available in Mrs. G’s room.
- Electronic copies of the email and attachment can be found on Google classroom.
Urgent Need for Parent Volunteers:
- Corporate Sponsors: Do you work for, own or know of local or other businesses who may be interested in supporting the PCA? Share this Corporate Sponsors link with them, or reach out to Juliana Carter.
- Membership Chair: Are you interested in learning more about the role to lead our Membership and fundraising efforts for next year?
If you have any questions or are able to further help with our membership/fundraising campaign, please email Juliana Carter at firstname.lastname@example.org
Choir Gown Alterations
Students must arrange/pay for alterations themselves and make sure their gowns are ready before the winter concert on 12/18.
The Thanksgiving Holiday is fast approaching, and then comes the Disney Trip. Of course, it would be time for our winter concert before you know it! So, please get any necessary alterations done to your gown before the Disney Trip!
- If you have not picked up your gown yet, please do so ASAP. (Everybody’s gown needs to be altered.)
- If you have not made payment for gown, please do so through MySchoolBucks ASAP.
- A list of approved Alterations Services & Specific Instructions is provided with the gowns. The cost of alterations is around $25 -$50.
Please contact Mitsuyo Sprague at email@example.com if you have any questions.
All Chorus Forms & Fees – Due Immediately
FORMS Update: 115 (or 73%) out of 157 students have turned in all their required forms as of 11/9/2019.
URGENT: If you have received email notification(s) regarding your student’s missing forms but still have not turned in these forms, please complete and send them in without farther delay.
Hard copies of the forms are available if you need them.
FEES: Any outstanding fees should be paid through MySchoolBucks ASAP.
- South Lakes HS Chorus Course Materials Fee: $160 for All Students
- Choir Gown Fee: One-time payment of $75 for All New Students and those returning students who need a replacement
Important Information about Fees
If you receive free/reduced lunch AND have submitted the Consent to Share Form, the county will waive and pay your course and/or uniform fees. See Consent-to-Share-Info for details.
If you are not receiving free/reduced lunch but would like to budget Course Fee payment or Gown payment, you can complete Chorus Financial Aid/Payment Plan Form
If you have any questions and/or concerns about these fees, please contact Mrs. Gigliotti at firstname.lastname@example.org
Photos from the Fall Concert Available Now
Many Thanks to Mrs. Jessica Wallach (her daughter is a member of Seahawk Chorale) for taking many great photos: SLHS Chorus Fall Concert 2019 Photos
Here is a link to download them all:
These are web-ready, particularly prepared for Facebook. In posting on social media, please use the following photo credit Jessica Wallach/Greater Depth Media.
Support South Lakes Chorus through Amazon Smile!
Parents for Choral Arts is a registered non-profit with Amazon Smile! To select us as your charity for Amazon Smile, click here: https://smile.amazon.com/ch/26-3487105.
You can support the South Lakes Chorus with your everyday – as well as holiday & special occasion – purchases on Amazon!
Don’t forget to visit Amazon Smile for all your purchases to keep donating to the South Lakes Chorus!
A Cappella Info
View the constitution so students can understand what the groups require for attendance and participation: SLHS A Cappella Groups Constitution
- November (Throughout): Friends & Family Fundraising Campaign
- Tue, 11/12 (7:00 pm): PCA Meeting in Chorus Room
- Thurs, 11/14
- (6:00 – 8:00 pm): Candlelight Processional/All Student Rehearsal
- (8:00 – 8:45 pm): Disney Trip Mandatory meeting (Parents/Students)
- Sun, 11/17 (3:00 – 6:00 pm): Candlelight Processional/All Student Rehearsal
- November 21-23: VMEA Senior Honors Choir, Hot Springs, VA
- Tue, 11/26 (10:00 am – 1:00 pm): SLHS Pyramid Workshop at RCC (Chorus Officers & Selected Students only)
- Sun, 12/1
- (2:00 – 3:00 pm): Check-in Trip Medications and Forms
- (3:00 – 6:00 pm): Candlelight Processional/All Student Rehearsal
- Tue, 12/3 (7:00 – 8:00 pm): Luggage Check-in
- Wed, 12/4 (Period 3): Report to Cafeteria
- Tue, 12/10 (7:00 pm): PCA Meeting (Location TBD)
- Mon, 12/16 (3:00 – 6:00 pm): Winter Concert Rehearsal (Call Times TBD)
- Tue, 12/17 (3:00 – 6:00 pm): Winter Concert Rehearsal (Call Times TBD)
- Wed, 12/18 (7:00 pm): Winter Concert (parent volunteers provided by Chamber Singers)