Incredible Winter Concert in December!
Congratulations to our Choral Ensembles and a cappella groups on spectacular and memorable performances at the Winter Concert!
Bravo to the first-ever SLHS Alumni Choir for their excellent performance (with just one in-person rehearsal as a group the night before)!
Professional concert recordings will be made available to you on our website as soon as they are ready: Performance Archives
A Special Thanks to all volunteers for helping make the Winter Concert a great success even though some of them had to remain on duty a little longer than originally assigned!
Institute for the Arts (IFTA) Summer Program
Every summer, IFTA, run by FCPS, offers students a great opportunity for growth in the areas of art, music, drama, dance, or any combination of these subjects. The atmosphere at IFTA is welcoming, safe, inviting, creative, and caring.
- Health & PE 9 for Rising 9th graders
- Self-Directed Economics & Personal Finances
- Nearly 90 classes in the Arts
New this year is a 2-week option. Students may choose to register for either session or both:
- Session 1: July 6-17th
- Session 2: July 20-31st
Registration will open soon, and students will be encouraged to sign up early this year so that they don’t get blocked out of a class they want to take or take with their friends.
More Info Coming Soon!
Parents for Choral Arts (PCA) Job Openings
The PCA provides both financial and volunteer work support to allow the South Lakes Choral Program to exist as the high quality, well rounded program our students enjoy.
We need parent volunteers to step up and take on the following jobs ASAP:
- Membership Co-Chair: Our current Chair, Juliana Carter, is also the Broadway Night Co-Chair, and she cannot do both jobs simultaneously.
- Therefore, we need someone to come in and oversee the Membership drives which are already in progress.
- This job can be done completely off-site and on your own timetable, and Juliana will provide full training and support.
- Post-concert Donut Delivery:
- We need a parent who will order, pickup, and deliver donuts to the school in the days following each concert.
- The PCA will cover the cost, but we need someone to handle the work involved.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about either job.
PCA Membership Campaign
Parents for Choral Arts is a 501(C)(3) non-profit booster organization supporting the South Lakes High School Choral Department. Federal Tax ID: 26-3487105
Membership/Fundraising Goal: Our overall goal for fundraising is $25,000 for the year. Here are three ways we can raise money:
- Parent/Guardian PCA Membership GOAL = $8,000 Join PCA
- Friends & Family (plus Alumni) Fundraising GOAL = $7,000 Friends & Family
- Corporate Sponsorships GOAL = $10,000 Corporate Sponsors
To date, we have raised a total of $12,760 overall, plus in-kind donations! We are just over halfway there! However, we need everyone’s help to get us further along by the end of the year.
Friends and Family (F&F) Campaign Update:
- We have a new membership level this year: Family Circle at $75, and supporters at $75 or higher will receive a video link of our singers.
- So far, 11 new Friends & Family members helped us raise $910 this year.
- You can send this link: https://southlakeschorus.org/friends to people you know who might be interested in becoming Friends & Family members.
- Contact Wendy Hahn at email@example.com with questions or concerns.
If you have any questions or are able to further help with our membership/fundraising campaign, please email Juliana Carter at firstname.lastname@example.org
Broadway Night 2020 – Fri, 1/31at 7 pm and Sat, 2/1 at 2 pm & 7 pm
Check your email regularly and frequently because updates and important announcements are constantly sent to those participating as separate emails. These updates will not come to you through the weekly Notations.
If you have any questions or are looking to take on an active volunteer role this year, please contact email@example.com.
All Chorus Forms & Fees – Due Immediately
FORMS: Please turn in any required forms (with your signature, if needed) ASAP, if you have not done so. (Hard copies of the forms are available for those who need them.)
FEES: If your student has unpaid fees, please make payment through MySchoolBucks ASAP.
- South Lakes HS Chorus Course Materials Fee: $160 for All Students
- Choir Gown Fee: One-time payment of $75 for All New Students and those returning students who need a replacement
Important Information about Fees:
If you receive free/reduced lunch AND have submitted the Consent to Share Form, the county will waive and pay your course and/or uniform fees. See Consent-to-Share-Info for details.
If you are not receiving free/reduced lunch but would like to budget Course Fee payment or Gown payment, you can complete Chorus Financial Aid/Payment Plan Form
If you have any questions and/or concerns about these fees, please contact Mrs. Gigliotti at firstname.lastname@example.org
Support South Lakes Chorus through Amazon Smile!
Parents for Choral Arts is a registered non-profit with Amazon Smile! You can support the South Lakes Chorus with your everyday Amazon purchases.
To select us as your charity for Amazon Smile, click here: https://smile.amazon.com/ch/26-3487105.
Be sure to visit Amazon Smile for all your purchases to keep donating to the South Lakes Chorus!
A Cappella Info
View the constitution so students can understand what the groups require for attendance and participation: SLHS A Cappella Groups Constitution
Tue, 1/14 (7:00 pm): PCA Meeting in Chorus Room
- Fri, 1/31 (7:00 pm): SLHS Broadway Night
- Sat, 2/1 (2:00 & 7:00 pm): SLHS Broadway Night
- Thurs, 2/6 (6:00 – 9:00 pm): VCDA All State Chorus Auditions, Washington Liberty HS
- Feb. 6-8 (TBA): VCDA All District Chorus, Washington Liberty HS
- Tue, 2/11 (7:00 pm): PCA Meeting in Chorus Room
- March 10-14 (TBA): ACDA Regional Honors Choir/Conference, Mobile, AL
- Wed, 3/18 (3:00 – 6:00 pm): Pre-State Assessment Concert After-School Rehearsal
- Thurs, 3/19 (7:00 pm): Pre-State Assessment Concert (Call Time TBD)
- March 26-28 (TBD): VMEA State Assessment (SOL), Edison HS (One date will be assigned to us.)
- April 23-25 (TBA): VMEA/VCDA All State Chorus, Richmond, VA
- Mon, 5/11 (3:00 – 6:00 pm): Spring Concert After-School Rehearsal
- Tue, 5/12 (7:00 pm): Spring Concert (Call Times TBD)
- Thurs, 5/14 (7:00 pm): Chorus Awards Night