Bravo to the following District Chorus participants
who represented the South Lakes Chorus and sung beautifully at Marshall High School this past Thursday, Friday & Saturday!
District XII Treble (SSAA) Choir
Rita Ajit, Chelsea Camacho, Hannah Carter, Danielle Elliot, Katie Falcone, Sydney Hahn, Delia Hartman, Manmeet Singh, Amy McGowan, Harshini Venkat, Rebecca Yakobson
District XII Mixed (SATB) Choir
Russell Cardona, Clarisse Cubas-Lopez, Jimmy Eggeman, Margarita Gamarnik, Matthew Guerber, Kara Handy, Lucas Heishman, Julianne Jaegle, Charlie Murdock, Alana Riso, Aidan Smith, Griffin van Hilst, Danielle Yakubisin
Congratulations to Margarita Gamarnik on being accepted into the 2019 All-Virginia Chorus and to Russell Cardona on being selected as an alternate!
All State Chorus is very competitive. Only the top scoring 2 students for each section for Tenor/Bass and the top scoring 4 students for Soprano/Alto (because there are an All State Treble Choir and an All State Mixed Choir) are accepted with 2 alternates per section.
Spring Trip Meeting: Tuesday, 2/26, 7:30 pm
This meeting is REQUIRED for ALL students and parents going to NYC in March.
Tacos & More Fundraiser:
Thursday, 2/21, 5:00-8:30 pm
Tacos & More: 1810 Michael Faraday Drive, Reston, VA 20190
Save the date to dine or take out for dinner to support the Parents for Choral Arts and the SLHS Chorus!
Sign up for open mic here: Tacos & More Performance Sign-up
Outstanding Broadway Night 2019: REVIVALS!
Congratulations to our awesome performers! You all did such an incredible job this past weekend and we are all so proud of you!
Thank You to all the families who volunteered to help make the show a success and for everyone’s cooperation as we navigated through the twists and turns of this amazing theater intensive experience! We hope you enjoyed it as much as we did.
Broadway Revivals 2019 KEEPSAKES:
- We were able to have professional photographer Jessica Wallach spearhead a photo fundraiser in support of Broadway Night. She took seniors’ headshots for the program rehearsal and show photos, and action shots between the two shows. Also, SLHS Parents, Bob Thomas and Chris Moore, volunteered their time and talent and donated photos for the fundraiser.
- All Photos including SHOW photos available for purchase NOW: All show photos have been fully uploaded.
- This could be a “sweet” Valentine’s day present for your beloved *star* performer!
- You can order prints and digital downloads by visiting this link: https://southlakeschorus.org/bwn-photos
- 40 % of the proceeds will benefit Broadway Night, and we will use the money raised to offset our production costs. This offer will be available through Sunday, March 3rd!
- If you haven’t pre-purchased a DVD and are interested in doing so, DVDs are $30 and can be purchased using this form: BWN DVD Printable FORM Link
- Please mail your form and payment directly to Arts Laureate.
Broadway Cares Fundraiser
- The students raised about $1400!
- If you missed it and want to donate online, the students are pushing to tip that over $1,500! The fundraising campaign is still live on our South Lakes Chorus website!
- You can learn more about our efforts and donate through our website.
Lost and Found
- If you are missing something from Broadway Night, please email both Mrs. Rita Gigliotti (email@example.com) and Mrs. Susan McCormick
(firstname.lastname@example.org) to see if they have it in the Lost and Found box in the Chorus Classroom.
- You can then arrange a time to retrieve it.
Plans for next year’s 2020 15th anniversary show:
PARENTS – Is your performer already excited about joining us again next year for BWN 2020? It is expected to be an exciting 15th year anniversary show!
Getting more involved next year!
- Join the fun! We have realized that we were short on leadership in several areas. Therefore, we are looking to have more parents to serve as volunteer chairs next year.
- We would especially love to have parents whose students will be in Elementary, Middle School or incoming HS Freshman next year!
- Please email email@example.com if you are interested, so we can add you to our planning efforts which will start in the summer and September.
Improvements for next year:
- We already have a long list of lessons that we plan to put into place next year, such as separating more of the communications for ES, MS and HS.
- If you have any feedback of things that went well or things we can improve upon, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Giving back to Broadway Night:
- We have received inquiries regarding donating back to the program.
- If interested, you can donate directly to Parents for Choral Arts at this link and let us know so that we are sure to set aside the money to fund Broadway Night specifically.
Our email address is: email@example.com
Scrip Fundraising for Spring Trip
Start fundraising with Scrip for the Spring Trip!
To register, go to:
- ShopWithScrip and select Join a Program
- Enter Enrollment Code: 53ECEC3317977
- Enter the student’s name for whom you’re fundraising in Step 3.
- Enroll in online payments (PrestoPay) before placing your order.
- For detailed information about the ordering process, go to: https://southlakeschorus.org/scrip.
Orders for physical cards and check orders will be placed at noon on the following dates:
Fundraising for the NY trip is over. Any future earnings will go towards the 2020 spring trip.
Alexandria Harmonizers Youth Harmony Festival 2019
Friday, April 5, 2019 – 8:30 am – 8:30 pm in Alexandria
This all-day a cappella music workshop/show is open to any middle and high school students in the DC Metro Area. Expert teachers and practitioners will teach them to sing and perform in four-part a cappella harmony. The structure is set up for anyone to have a singing experience for the day with a cappella music.
All Chorus students, whether they belong to an A Cappella group or not, are encouraged to participate. Either Mrs. G and/or Mrs. McCormick will attend with them, and we can organize school bus transportation. Also, April 5th is a teacher workday, so you won’t be missing class.
If you would like to participate, please register online at www.harmonizers.org as soon as possible.
For more information on Registration, including payment, go to:
Mason Arts at the Hylton Performing Arts Center
Performances by George Mason University’s Schools of Theater, Dance, & Music!
Mason School of Dance
2019 Gala Concert – Sunday, March 31 at 4 p.m.
Each Spring, Mason dancers perform works by renowned choreographers in the Dance Gala Concert. This extraordinary evening features a dynamic performance of technically demanding and intensely driven work by talented students as they embark upon their promising dance careers.
$28 adults, $15 students and seniors, $10 groups
Mason School of Music
Raising Voices – Sunday, April 7 at 4 p.m.
Showcasing Washington National Opera’s Domingo-Cafritz Young Artists and Mason Opera Join us for a thrilling program of opera, operetta, musical theater arias, ensembles, and scenes that showcase the breathtaking scope and talent of these young artists in the beautiful (and acoustically brilliant) Merchant Hall as they prepare to blossom on the international stage.
$20; Tickets to this performance are FREE to students (up to 2 tickets).
Adult companion required for students grades 9 and under. Student ID must be presented.