Winter Concert – Next Wednesday, 12/18!
Students will be expected to present a professional appearance for every performance. This is standard throughout FCPS Music Programs.
Therefore, Correct Concert Attire counts for part of your grade. Please make sure your gown/tuxedo is READY for next week!
- Please get necessary alterations done to your gown ASAP, if you have not done so yet.
- Information sheet for Gown Alterations (a list of approved Alterations Services & Specific Instructions) has been provided with the gowns.
- You can also download the Information Sheet: 2019-2020-Gown-Alterations-Options
- Also, if you have not made payment for gown, please do so through MySchoolBucks ASAP.
Tuxedo(White Dress Shirt, Vest, Tuxedo Pants):
- You should have tried on your new uniforms by now.
- If not, please do so right away.
- And if there is any issue with your uniform, it is your responsibility to get that resolved ASAP.
- We recommend you get your new uniforms Dry Cleaned before your first use.
- Ties will be provided at concert check-in.
Please contact Mitsuyo Sprague at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about uniforms.
Each ensemble is responsible for providing volunteers for at least one concert each year. And we have selected Chamber Singers to support this concert: Winter Concert Volunteer Sign-up
After-School Rehearsals (12/16,17) and Concert Day
Detailed schedule for each day will be sent out to the students this week.
Parents for Choral Arts (PCA) Job Openings
The PCA provides both financial and volunteer work support to allow the South Lakes Choral Program to exist as the high quality, well rounded program our students enjoy.
We need parent volunteers to step up and take on the following jobs ASAP:
- Membership Co-Chair: Our current Chair, Juliana Carter, is also the Broadway Night Co-Chair, and she cannot do both jobs simultaneously.
- Therefore, we need someone to come in and oversee the Membership drives which are already in progress.
- This job can be done completely off-site and on your own timetable, and Juliana will provide full training and support.
- Post-concert Donut Delivery:
- We need a parent who will order, pickup, and deliver donuts to the school in the days following each concert.
- The PCA will cover the cost, but we need someone to handle the work involved.
Please email email@example.com to learn more about either job.
Also, please mention Friends and Family memberships to family members over the Thanksgiving Holiday. They can join online at Friends & Family!
PCA Membership Campaign
Parents for Choral Arts is a 501(C)(3) non-profit booster organization supporting the South Lakes High School Choral Department. Federal Tax ID: 26-3487105
Have you joined the PCA this year? If you haven’t, ACT NOW and Click Join PCA!
We only need 21 more members at the $30 level to hit our goal!
Membership/Fundraising Goal: Our overall goal for fundraising is $25,000 for the year. Here are three ways we can raise money!
- Parent/Guardian PCA Membership GOAL = $8,000 Join PCA
- Friends & Family (plus Alumni) Fundraising GOAL = $7,000 Friends & Family
- Corporate Sponsorships GOAL = $10,000 Corporate Sponsors
Friends and Family (F&F) Campaign Update: Thank you for your participation in the Friends and Family fundraiser for Parents for the Choral Arts (PCA).
- Your letters and emails will make a huge impact on our ability to meet our goal of raising $7,000 this year for the programs.
- Mrs. Hahn will be in Mrs. Gigliotti’s classes December 11-13 to check on students’ progress with the letter and email writing. Please bring addresses for family and friends if you need help.
- Contact Wendy Hahn at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions or concerns.
Urgent Need for Membership Co-Chair: As mentioned above, we need someone to come in and oversee the Membership drives which are already in progress.
If you have any questions or are able to further help with our membership/fundraising campaign, please email Juliana Carter at email@example.com
Broadway Night 2020
Most updates and important announcements will be sent to those participating as separate emails and not through the weekly Notations.
If you have any questions or are looking to take on an active volunteer role this year, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
All Chorus Forms & Fees – Due Immediately
FORMS Update: 119 (or 76%) out of 157 students have turned in ALL their required forms as of 12/7/2019, while 13 (or 8%) have turned in NO forms. The rest are the 25 (or 16%) students who are missing 1 or 2 forms.
If you have received email(s)that your student’s forms are still missing (including missing page and/or missing parental signature,) please turn them in, with your signature if needed) ASAP.
Hard copies of the forms are available for those who need them.
FEES: If your student has unpaid fees, please make payment through MySchoolBucks ASAP.
- South Lakes HS Chorus Course Materials Fee: $160 for All Students
- Choir Gown Fee: One-time payment of $75 for All New Students and those returning students who need a replacement
Important Information about Fees:
If you receive free/reduced lunch AND have submitted the Consent to Share Form, the county will waive and pay your course and/or uniform fees. See Consent-to-Share-Info for details.
If you are not receiving free/reduced lunch but would like to budget Course Fee payment or Gown payment, you can complete Chorus Financial Aid/Payment Plan Form
If you have any questions and/or concerns about these fees, please contact Mrs. Gigliotti at email@example.com
Photos from the Fall Concert 2019
Many Thanks to Mrs. Jessica Wallach (her daughter is a member of Seahawk Chorale) for taking many great photos: SLHS Chorus Fall Concert 2019 Photos
You can download them all here: Greater Depth Media Downloads
These are web-ready, particularly prepared for Facebook. In posting on social media, please use the following photo credit Jessica Wallach/Greater Depth Media.
Support South Lakes Chorus through Amazon Smile!
Parents for Choral Arts is a registered non-profit with Amazon Smile! You can support the South Lakes Chorus with your everyday Amazon purchases.
To select us as your charity for Amazon Smile, click here: https://smile.amazon.com/ch/26-3487105.
Be sure to visit Amazon Smile for all your purchases (yes, it’s time for Holiday Shopping!) to keep donating to the South Lakes Chorus!
A Cappella Info
View the constitution so students can understand what the groups require for attendance and participation: SLHS A Cappella Groups Constitution
- Mon, 12/16 (3:00 – 6:00 pm): Winter Concert Rehearsal (Call Times TBD)
- Tue, 12/17 (3:00 – 6:00 pm): Winter Concert Rehearsal (Call Times TBD)
- Wed, 12/18 (7:00 pm): Winter Concert (parent volunteers provided by Chamber Singers)
- Tue, 1/14 (7:00 pm): PCA Meeting in Chorus Room
- Fri, 1/31 (7:00 pm): SLHS Broadway Night
- Sat, 2/1 (2:00 & 7:00 pm): SLHS Broadway Night
- Thurs, 2/6 (6:00 – 9:00 pm): VCDA All State Chorus Auditions, Washington Liberty HS
- Feb. 6-8 (TBA): VCDA All District Chorus, Washington Liberty HS
- Tue, 2/11 (7:00 pm): PCA Meeting in Chorus Room
- March 10-14 (TBA): ACDA Regional Honors Choir/Conference, Mobile, AL
- Wed, 3/18 (3:00 – 6:00 pm): Pre-State Assessment Concert After-School Rehearsal
- Thurs, 3/19 (7:00 pm): Pre-State Assessment Concert (Call Time TBD)
- March 26-28 (TBD): VMEA State Assessment (SOL), Edison HS (One date will be assigned to us.)
- April 23-25 (TBA): VMEA/VCDA All State Chorus, Richmond, VA
- Mon, 5/11 (3:00 – 6:00 pm): Spring Concert After-School Rehearsal
- Tue, 5/12 (7:00 pm): Spring Concert (Call Times TBD)
- Thurs, 5/14 (7:00 pm): Chorus Awards Night