Senior Recital – Monday, May 13 at 7 pm, Little Theatre
Seniors who wish to perform on the recital must:
- Complete this form: Senior Recital Sign-up by 3 pm on Friday, April 12 (this link will not be available after that time.)
- Perform your selection (with or without accompaniment) for music faculty members after school on Tuesday, May 07, 2019.
This is a solo recital, not a talent show. As such, selections must be appropriate to the event. Therefore, the directors will exercise the right to refuse a student performance that is either inappropriate or under-rehearsed.
Get Involved! – PCA Openings for Fall 2019
All PCA jobs run for one school year, and we are especially looking for a new Treasurer and a new Membership Chair for the 2019/20 school year:
Anyone with basic bookkeeping skills would be suited to this role, and our outgoing Treasurer will provide training on processes and procedures.
- Outgoing Chair has prepared the Membership Process document and materials for incoming Chair and will assist with the transition.
- Desired skill set: (a) ability to write convincing letters and (b) be organized with documenting, logging gifts received, and following up.
Also, we will need new Concert Co-Chairs. If you are interested in any of these positions, please email President, Susan Sather at email@example.com for more information about the roles.
Scrip Fundraising for Chorus Trip
Start fundraising with Scrip for Next Year’s Trip!
How to Register & Order:
Click here and select Join a Program (Enrollment Code: 53ECEC3317977)
- Enter the student’s name for whom you’re fundraising in Step 3.
- Enroll in online payments (PrestoPay) before placing your order.
- For detailed information about the ordering process, go to: https://southlakeschorus.org/scrip.
- We will place orders for physical cards on the following dates: 4/19, 5/3, 5/17 and 5/31.
ACDA NextDirection Choral Leadership Conferences
The NextDirection choral leadership conference is an opportunity for choral students to explore what it means to be a choral conductor and a music educator.
Built on a program developed by the Wisconsin Choral Directors Association, American Choral Directors Association (ACDA) opened up the experience for the first time to students across the country.
Separately, Virginia ACDA is launching an east-coast option this year. As the conference is now offered in two locations at two different times,
more students will be able to participate.
The cost for the entire 4-day/3-night conference is $350 (tuition, materials, room, board,) and several states are offering full scholarships to either conference. More information on that is available here:
NextDirection: Inspiring Choral Leadership – National Program
July 14-20, University of Wisconsin – Parkside
The headline conductors are Dr. Rhonda Fuelberth (University of Nebraska – Lincoln) and Dr. Jo-Michael Scheibe (University of Southern California,) while artistic and programmatic leadership comes from Wisconsin Choral Directors Association. Click here to learn more.
Registration deadline has been extended to April 15, 2019.
NextDirection – Virginia
July 23-26, Virginia Wesleyan University – Virginia Beach
- High School Track: Dr. Shane Lynch (Washington & Lee University)
- Collegiate track: Dr. Lisa Billingham (George Mason University)
Register by May 1, 2019. Click here to learn more.
Summer Choral Institute with the National Philharmonic
July 16, 18, 23, 25, 26 – The Music Center at Strathmore
The National Philharmonic is sponsoring a Summer Choral Institute in July for experienced singers (flyer attached.) Details can be found: 2019 Summer Choral Institutes
If interested in participating, you must register online by June 16, 2019: https://form.jotform.com/81206140137141